Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Let's go back a few days.

First of all, I apologise to all of those who I left hanging in the dark, It probably seemed like I took off, I did, but unintentionally Mr. Woggie and I had a HUGE weekend.

On saturday morning my temp dipped to 36.5, I had no symptoms of any kind because my whole body was aching from working out at the gym (I really love it there!). After I took my temp, we got up and packed a lunch and set off to go to the Ekka. For those of you who have no idea what "The Ekka" is, it is a giant exhibition and carnival all rolled into one. With farmers stands and animal farms and show jumping, and wood chopping events, fairy floss, rides, show bags and my favourite, FIREWORKS!!

After the Ekka finished which was around 9pm, we went to my friends house to celebrate her birthday, we stayed there until about 11.45pm and then went home.

On Sunday I told Mr. Woggie I would to a HPT if my temperature went up, of course I expected it to go down after Saturday's little dip. The good thing was, I had not thought about HPTs or temps at all on Saturday we had such a fun time!

So the alarm went of at 5.45am as usual, I groaned and rolled over and fumbled around my bedside table feeling for my thermometer, shoved it in my mouth and had a micro sleep until it beeped 3 times. I thought I'd better look at it, just so I could get back to sleep and not be wondering all morning what the temp said. So I looked at it and it said 36.9. Yes that is right, 36.9. So you would think, I would be jumping up and testing right away. But I didn't because I knew it was just my body playing mean tricks on me. So I rolled over and went back to sleep and had a dream that I got my period. At 8.40 am, 3 hours after I had done my temp I decided I would test. So I walked out to the lounge where I knew my confirm brand tests were on the coffee table (I have had these tests for about 9 months!) I went and did half a wee, which is REALLY hard to do when you are busting. And then I peed on the stick.

I looked at it and it looked like nothing was happening so I went and washed my hands and then looked at it again, only to see what looked like 2 lines, not one. So I got back into bed and gently threw the pee stick at Mr. Woggie and said, I think there are two lines on that think. He looked at said, read me the instructions it's not a very dark second line, so I read the bit about "a line is a line and you can assume you are pregnant if it is just a faint line, blah, blah, blah" and by the time I had read that sentence the line was a nice big fat juicy second line. And Mr. Woggie said "Oh my god" about 1000 times and I just lay there. We snuggled and he looked at me like a Cheshire cat with a big goofy grin. Then I gave him a special little gift that I had been saving for him for a long time, a little baby jump suit that says "Dad Rocks"

Here is some photo evidence of my tests!!!!

So I'm pregnant! Baby Woggie is due 15th of April 2009. That makes me 5w today! I'm going to the doctors tomorrow to have it all confirmed (it is a public holiday here today).

Thank you all for supporting me over the last few months, coming here reading your comments always lifted me, reading your blogs, the pregnancy ones and the infertility blogs made me feel good about something and it gave me something to look forward to day to day. And seriously, I could not have done it without each and everyone of you. Many of you I will never ever meet, but I will never forget any of you.

I hope you enjoy sharing in the new journey Mr Woggie and I are now going to face!

5 comments:

'Murgdan' said...

Ohhhh...Congrats congrats congrats!!! I'm so glad you invited me so I could hear the end of the monthly story--a happy one for once! :-)

Anonymous said...

OMG! Gongratulations :)!!! I suspected something like this :)

Just Me. said...

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG x 1000 times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!!!!!

Anonymous said...

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

HOLY CRAP!

You know what I already think from a few days ago =)

But I am so proud of you that you didn't give up...I know you were getting a bit dispondant...

I love the pee stick photos! your is WAY darker than mine was!

so cute about Mr Woggie =)

Jessica Lerch said...

I AM SO SO SO MUCH MORE THAN HAPPY FOR YOU CHICK!!!!

Tell Dean I said Congratulations too!

You guys deserve this so so bad I'm so happy for you both!

Ozzie's gonna have a new friend!!

Oh I wonder if it's boy or girl!!