Sunday, September 7, 2008

Chocolate anyone?

So we went to the Starlight Foundation Charity Ball last night! Had a blast! There were silent auctions, and actual auctions. My best friend and I had been eying off a 10kg block of Cadbury Chocolate, joking that we were going to bid on it....Until we heard that last year it got sold for $400, so we decided we were going to start saving and buy it next year!

Anyway they bring up the Chocolate and we make a bid for $50, all of a sudden it is $100 and we decide that is too much, but the lady at our table decides she is going to keep bidding for us! We were freaking out....All of a sudden it gets sold to us for $140 - Much more than we wanted to pay! But the kind lady said she would pay for $70 and we could put in $35 each. So we were chuffed thinking we had 2.5kgs of chocolate each, until the kind lady said "I don't like chocolate, have 5kgs each!"

So we had to carry 10kg of chocolate home with us!!! Here are some pics of our choclatey adventure!!

Chocolate block of all chocolate blocks!
My best friend S and her Hubby O, Mr. Woggie and I (I'm in the brown dress!)

S and I in our very cool movie star sunnies with our much love prize!
Mr. Woggie taking the chocolate home....Hard work!!

In the silent auctions we bid on some baby gear (Mr. Woggies idea, which made me fall even more in love with him!) We didnt win both of them, but we did win one, we won it for $30 and got 2 Baby Gap Jump Suits, a baby gap pair of pants, 3 baby books; Top 100 Baby Purees, The New Contented Little Baby Book and The Rough Guide to Babies.


We also won a dog toy pack, I'm unable to photograph that as Ozzie has already claimed his prize! He got a tyre on a rope (he now has two of those!) A squeaky steak and a doggie dummy!

The theme of the night was "Hollywood Stars" as we arrived we had to have a lucky dip for a wrist band, each wrist band had an actor or actress's name on it. I was Catherine Zeta-Jones, Mr. Woggie was Samuel L Jackson, S was Gwenth Paltrow and O was Frank Sinatra! They had an Oscar kind of cermony where they annoucned best Supporting Actor and Actress and Best Actor and Actress, you will never guess who won Best Actress ***Drum Roll Please*****






Catherine Zeta-Jones!!!!

So I got a $50 DFO voucher!!

When we arrived we each got given a pair of FCUK sunglasses (hence the reason we are wearing them in our pictures!!!


At the end of the night, we could purchase the photos that had been taken on the "Red Carpet" we loved the one of the group so we bought it!


We had a an absolute ball! I had such a fun night going out. It was just what the doctor ordered! I feel like a new woman! We've decided that we are going to make it a yearly tradition and we are going to win that chocolate again next year too!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hunni just what you needed looks like a fab night, im coming to visit for some choco, lmao

you look hot hot hot

'Murgdan' said...

Ooooooooohhhhh...yummy yummy yummy!!! Looks like FUN!

Josée Martens said...

That really sounds like a very fun weekend! And all that chocolate, oh my! You and Mr. Woggie could have chocolate for dinner for months. Great pictures.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun :D! And I'm so jealous of your enormous chocolate bar!

Anonymous said...

OMG! I want that chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG! I want that chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jessica Lerch said...

Kirst I'm so jealous!! You look absolutley stunning & so so happy in those pics!

Looks like you guys had a blast & I am so coming over for some chocolate!!

How exciting that you won the luckydoor award too!!

What a bonus!!!!

Just Me. said...

Chocolate *yummmy* - in the voice of Homer Simpson.

Lovely pictures!!!

Suddenly, I feel like breaking out into a song for you: I'm every woman, it's up to meeeee!!! :)

Huge hugs.