Friday, November 14, 2008

Scaredy Cat

Actually this Cat is terrified.

Every time my friends say "I have something to tell you" I feel ill. I feel like they are going to tell me they are pregnant and I won't be able to cope. Saying that out loud (well typing it) sounds like the most selfish thing in the world. But I'm really really scared about how my emotions will act when I hear those two little words "I'm pregnant"

None of our friends are TTC yet, but we know most of them are starting within the next 12 months, and I am so so fearful that I'll be left behind. Of course I want them to be happy and I don't want a single one of them to feel the pain that I feel but, well, no but really, I just want to do it before them.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once again, I can totally relate... I get a sick feeling in my stomach every time someone announces they have something exciting to tell/they are really happy about something. It can be even a friend's facbook status update that starts me thinking does this mean she's preggo. I think I'm turning into a paranoid about people's good news.

I wish so much you will get to be the first one of your friends to become a mom.

Anonymous said...

You will have your baby by then =)

april said...

boy oh boy do I hear you on this one...I dread hearing those very words. Especially from the friends who have had miscarriages as well, and now they are immediately pregnant again! It's the worst feeling to feel left behind and left out. But I know we'll make it through each day and get to say those words again :)

Anonymous said...

I'm a scaredy cat too. When one of my friends phoned me to tell me she was pregnant, I knew what she was going to say and my heart sunk before she even uttered the words "I'm pregnant".

I hope it wont be too much longer before it's you announcing some exciting news to your family and friends.

P.s - can't wait to see you this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Wow-amazing that I just read this post since while we were just eating dinner my thoughts were swirling as to how I would react if my brother-in-law and wife made some surprise announcement that they were pregnant again. (They have a 1-yr-old they already neglect....). My reaction in my head was me crying and running away. I'm trying to run this potential scenario through my head until I can keep myself composed :(

Just Me. said...

For 2.5 years, I've been the biggest scaredy Garfield going. I'd wanna know but yet I don't. And if they didn't tell me, I'd get upset that the whole world knew except me. Some of them said that they were trying to protect me by not telling me. Sigh, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Huge hugs, my dear friend.

Amy said...

Check out my blog!