That is the official diagnosis at this point.
All the tests for the following came back within normal ranges.
PLT RCC MCV WCC - platelets, red cell count, mean cellular volume, white cell count
PT APTT FIB - time it takes your blood to clot & components of the clotting
CRP - non-specific inflammatory marker
CHB - not sure of this one
TSH Thyroid
C3 C4 - more inflammatory markers - part of your immune system
ANA - anti nuclear antibodies - looking for lupus or auto-immune disease
ADNA - anti dna antibodies - same sort of thing as above
ENA - same as above
TRAB TMA ATG - autoimmune thyroid disorders, blood test looking at a specific group of white blood cells (lymphocytes), but not sure on ATG
ACB - not sure but something to do with heart.
FVL - not sure
PEI - not sure
THROMB - something to do with DVT
AT3 PROTC SAG APC DELKCT - no idea
SCP-390 - no idea
Yes I had quite a lot of blood extracted that day!
I know I should feel happy about that - I'm ok and that is good. But I now have this scared feeling that I am ok - so why the hell has it happened twice and will it happen again?
I'm at a slightly higher chance of miscarrying again Julie said about 30% which is only 5% higher than normal but it's still 5% higher than normal.
So what now? We keep trying to get pregnant. IF I'm not pregnant by February she would like to start IVF, if I get pregnant and have another miscarriage she would like to do IVF with ICSI with genetic testing of the embryos to see if that is a cause of miscarriage.
What do we think of that? IVF we can probably scrape together enough money for a cycle or two - as for the genetic testing, I'm pretty sure we would have to sell a car or rob a bank.
We are hoping for third time lucky. I'll test next week sometime - I'm normally not a tester but I really want to know how I'll be feeling on Christmas day - elated or disappointed. Dr. Julie has already given me the pathology referrals for BHCG one for the day I find out I'm pregnant and one for a week later. Hopefully I'll get to use them and not shred them in the shredder.
So for now I'm about 5-7DPO, I've had minor cramping, yesterday I had loads of creamy CM and tender breasts. So great signs of pregnancy, also great signs of AF - gotta love that!
9 comments:
The genetic testing shouldn't cost that much. I think all our post-miscarriage tests, including gentics, cost about $700. Not insignificant, I know, but certainly less than IVF, which is a killer, I agree.
Fingers crossed you don't need to do any of that.
Thank you for that info Bells! Dr Julie just said it was expensive...last time she said that it cost $8000! Good to know that wasn't the kind of expensive she was referring to!
I've got everything crossed that it's 3rd time lucky for you K.
You deserve it so much
xoxo
Sounds like we're at the same point.....blah....testing and testing and no answers and just wanting a baby!
I still have to get the blood drawn...but I'm chicken and haven't done it yet. Then our only other option is the embryo testing on another miscarriage.
IVF is out for us bc of my endometriosis.
Hoping you get a New Year's miracle!
Wow! That is a lot of blood and I will jump on the "third times the charm" bandwagon for sure!!!
I'll be checking back, soon!
Me too... everything crossed for a BFP for you K... xoxoxo
As much as it sucks, I guess unlucky might be good in a way. That means that you have to be "lucky" soon, right? :) Fingers crossed.
Good luck... wishing you the best!
I hate that word, Unlucky. My friend who did 28 cycles, had 10 m/c and 2 stillborns, were told that she was "unlucky" despite all tests coming out ok.
I wish you all the hope, love and LUCK.
((((hugs))))
ps I just rolled my dice of hope for you and came out to a LUCKY number 8. 8 means LUCKY in Chinese customs. :)
Post a Comment